Our Cedar log railings are hand peeled and made from Eastern White Cedar. The rail length is fully adjustable on the job site to fit any deck. Railings have pre-drilled mortise inserts for the tenoned spindles, which makes assembly easy. To adjust rail lengths on site, simply cut the 2 7/8″ top and bottom rails to the desired length, and insert the rail into the 2 7/8″ mortise in the posts.
Cedar Log Railing Specifications
- Hand peeled Eastern White Cedar
- 6′ (10 spindles) or 8′ (13 spindles) can easily be trimmed down to specific lengths on site
- 2 7/8″ diameter top and bottom rails, with mortise holes spaced 6.5″ on center
- 2 7/8″ diameter, 27″ tall, tenoned spindles (plus 1.5″ x 1.5″ tenons)
- 32″ from top (of top rail) to the bottom (of the bottom rail)
- 45″ maximum top rail height when installed on predrilled posts
- 6′, or 8′ undrilled handrails are also available.
The EZ-Rail system comes standard in 6′ & 8′ rail sections. Hand peeled cedar posts are sold separately. The recommended post diameter for most applications is 6″, which are available in lengths from 4′ to 10′. 8″ posts may be custom ordered 5 week lead time, and are available up to 8′. Spindle spacing and rail heights are compliant with BOCA codes. For dimensions and spacing see below.
This rail system is customer and builder friendly and looks great with our 5/4″ cedar decking.